Binding with Sitemap

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Hi everyone,

I just discovered this incredible project today.  I have to say I am very impressed.  Now for the "wish list" :-)

Would it be possible (or is it already possible) to bind some of the UI elements of this project to the sitemap?  I have a web-based business application that builds the sitemap out of the underlying folder structure of the web-application.  Would it be possible to have the “Areas” in the Workspace correspond to the root nodes of the sitemap, the “sections” with the “areas” correspond to the next level and then finally the Items within the sections correspond to the third level? Does this make sense?

I am sure I can programmatically iterate through the sitemap and add the controls etc, but it would be pretty slick if there was a way to bind this.

Or create tabs on the ribbon and sections within the tabs, etc...

Best regards,
The Fish

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Hi

Yes, that can be done. I have developed a class in vb / can be converted to c# to add sections, areas, tabs and zones and groups and button using code behind. The only thing is for code behind, the loading of the ribbon is extremely slow.

Regards

Anele

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6298 (20110715) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Hi anelem,

Does your class allow binding with the SiteMap?  Would you be willing to share it with me?  I would be interested in the VB version.

Best regards,

The Fish