SharePoint 2010 Theme

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I must commend you on this great work and I will also suggest that a SharePoint 2010 theme will be appreciated. Office35 will be public soon and it will be great to have web apps with SharePoint theme for those using SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server (on-premise) to streamline user experience.

Good job!

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Hi,

thank you for your comment.

It semms that Sharepoint 2010 theme is the same as Office Web Apps. The only difference is that the top of the window is dark instead of light.
Look at the demo app "Contoso web app" provided in the ZIP. You just have to modify the DIV containing the Ribbon in the masterpage.
Is it ok ?

Sébastien

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM

You are right, and SharePoint, Exchange Web App, and Lync don't all have a uniform interface either but for the colors even as they all come together under Office365. However, SharePoint tabs do not start as close to the left as Office tabs do, so perhaps you want to at least create a SharePoint theme for these little tweaks/differences. I am looking into using the Office Web.UI for some apps soon with some diferieng behaviors such as only having the ribbon if the user explicitly exposes it to access advanced tools for the curent page otherwise by default it will be hidden throughout all the tabs and the left navigation only available to backstage will be available as unique left navigation areas for each tab so each tab has its own options on the left and not just Backstage. Any pointers on acomplishing these and how to use in CMSes such as Umbraco will be great.

Here is Office365 in action to perhaps to give you more ideas, great job; http://www.msteched.com/2010/Europe/COS208-LNC

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Thank you for the link to Office 365. I really love MS products and wanted to participate to the beta...; but I was not selected... :(

Concerning the new theme, I may have to modify a bit the behavior because it seems that in Sharepoint, there are some buttons before the tabs.
And I'm not really sure to understand what you want to do with the navigation. Maybe have you got some mockup or screen capture of what you want to realize ?

Thanks

Mar 6, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Perhaps I can privately share some details. My email is jayo4t <at> yahoo <dot> com